- The ballerina rose gracefully en pointe and extended one slender leg behind her, like a dog at a fire hydrant.
- He felt like he was being hunted down like a dog, in a place that hunts dogs, I suppose.
- The lamp just sat there, like an inanimate object.
- He was deeply in love. When she spoke, he thought he heard bells, as if she were a garbage truck backing up.
- She was as easy as the TV Guide crossword.
- She grew on him like she was a colony of E. coli and he was room-temperature Canadian beef.
- Her pants fit her like a glove, well, maybe more like a mitten, actually.
- The young fighter had a hungry look, the kind you get from not eating for a while.
- He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck, either, but a real lame duck that was actually lame. Maybe from
stepping on a land mind or something.
- Her artistic sense was exquisitely refined, like someone who can tell butter from I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.
- She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes just before it throws up.
- It came down the stairs looking very much like something no one had ever seen before.